Last Updated 12pm Tuesday 30/6/20
A second round of the extremely popular Queensland Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program opens on 1 July 2020.
This grant of up to $10,000 is now available for a limited time for small businesses that were forced into “hibernation”.
Applications open 1 July 2020 but will close when funding has been exhausted, so it won’t last long!
The grants can be used for:
- financial, legal other professional advice;
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching;
- marketing and communications activities;
- digital or technology training or strategy development
- specialised digital equipment or business-specific software to help move the business online
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent, rates, insurance, etc
There is no requirement for the business to match the funding (or co-fund) for this scheme.
To be eligible, the business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted (at least a 30% decline) since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant (not including business owners)
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the 2018-19 or 2019-20 financial years (an alternative is available for recently started businesses)
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
- not have been a successful applicant in Round 1 of the program.
More information about the Program can be found on these links: