Last Updated 7am Wednesday 20/5/20
A new grant of up to $10,000 is now available for a limited time for small businesses that were forced into “hibernation”.
Applications are open now but will close when funding has been exhausted. It is expected that around 10,000 small businesses will be able to benefit from the program, so it won’t last long!
The grants can be used for:
- financial, legal other professional advice;
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching;
- marketing and communications activities;
- digital or technology training or strategy development
- specialised digital equipment or business-specific software to help move the business online
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent
There is no requirement for the business to match the funding (or co-fund) for this scheme.
To be eligible, the business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
More information about the Program can be found on these links: